Parliament, Monday, 12 September 2022 – The National Assembly (NA) will, on Tuesday at 2 pm, convene its hybrid plenary session to deal with the Members’ statements, Motions without notice and Notices of motions. The House will also consider several committee reports that include:
- Report of JSC on Intelligence on Consideration of Candidate nominated for appointment as Inspector-General of Intelligence Services.
- Report of the Portfolio Committee (PC) on Communications on Consideration of Recommendation of candidates to fill four vacancies on Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) Council.
- Report of PC on Transport on Consideration of Request for Approval by Parliament of Protocols relating to the Amendments to Articles 50(a) and 56 of the Convention on International Civil Aviation.
- Report of PC on Transport on Oversight visits to Mpumalanga, North West and KwaZulu-Natal Provinces from 19 to 23 April 2022.
- Reports of Joint Standing Committee on Financial Management of Parliament on:
- Parliament of the Republic of South Africa’s 2021/22 Mid-Year Performance and
- Parliament of the Republic of South Africa’s 2021/22 Third Quarter Report.
DETAILS OF THE NA HYBRID PLENARY SESSION:
Date: Tuesday, 13 September 2022
Venue: Good Hope Chamber and Virtual Platform
Parliamentary meetings are open to the media and the public. Journalists who are interested in covering these meetings (including receiving links to virtual meetings) are requested to forward their cellphone numbers to Mlindi Mpindi on email firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the Parliamentary Communications Services WhatsApp Group, where such information is shared. Journalists are urged to forward these requests using their official email addresses (no private emails).
Members of the public may get involved and follow committee sittings live on Parliament TV (DSTV Channel 408), via live stream on Parliament YouTube channel and Twitter page on the links below.
You may subscribe to the Parliament YouTube channel to receive instant notification of live feeds.
ISSUED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Enquiries: Moloto Mothapo